Prizes | Kids System-Wide Events | Reader of the Week | Sponsors
Congratulations to this year's Summer Reading prize winners!
Children 0-5, Grand Prize
• Kain M., 4 years old, East
• David M., 4 years old, Southwest
Children 6-11, Grand Prize
• Charlene S., 10 years old, North
• Joshua U., 7 years old, Southwest
Teens 12-17, Grand Prize
• Main: Sienna B., 12 years old
• East: Chukwuemeka U., 15 years old
• North: Amanda B., 13 years old
• South: Devan D., 15 years old
• Southwest: Adaia V., 15 years old
• Stanford L. Warren: Khalis C., 14 years old
• Bragtown: Dorrian T., 17 years old
• Alice K., North
• Elizabeth H., East
Book Review Winners
1. Leo G.
2. Chau L.
3. Ama M.
4. Alyssa M.
5. Lucy F.
6. Prachi N.
7. Anna A.
8. Smitt D.
9. Samuel H.
10. Grant B.
11. Asher O.
12. Zakia S.
13. Chidinma O.
14. Paul H.
15. Ian M.
16. Oskar U.
17. Chloe S.
18. Melissa M.
19. Hafsa A.
20. Ashleigh A.
21. Christopher C.
22. Yasmin S.
23. Leydi R.
24. Sammi V.
25. Caroline T.
When is the program?
June 11 – August 6, 2016
Who can participate?
Everyone! The program is open to children, teens and adults.
What do I need to do?
- Sign up here or at any Durham County Library location.
- Earn Summer Reading points by recording the number of minutes you read between June 11 and August 6. Record minutes online by logging in to your Summer Reading account or bring a record of your reading to your local library. Each minute read is worth one Summer Reading point.
- You can also earn points by attending library events, visiting a new library, exploring an online database and writing a book review.
- Redeem your points for prizes at any Durham County Library location. Points can be redeemed any time between June 11 and August 14. Prizes will be worth different numbers of points, see what you can win here (and how much reading you will need to do!) You can redeem up to 1,000 points over the course of the program.
- Earn 600 points to complete the program and be eligible for the grand prize drawings at the end of the summer. When you reach 600 points, you'll also receive a free book, while supplies last.